National Technology day 2019 will be celebrated on 11th May.
History National technology day is celebrated every year of 11th may. The first nuclear test Pokhran code name “Smiling Buddha” took place in 1974 than after the second Pokhran test which was the series of five nuclear test explosion took place in 11th and 13th may of 1998.
This day is considered as one of biggest achievement in the field of science and make us feel proud that we are the citizen of India.
The Official statement regarding National Technology Day
On 11th May 1998, India achieved a major technological breakthrough by successfully carrying out nuclear tests at Pokhran. Also first, indigenous aircraft “Hansa-3” was test flown at Bangalore on this day and India also performed successful test firing of the Trishul missile on the same day.
Considering above technological achievements on a particular date i.e. 11th May, the day of 11th May was chosen to be commemorated as National Technology Day.
Technology Development Board has instituted the National Award (Rs. 10 lakh and a trophy) which is given to industrial concerns that have displayed excellence in commercializing the indigenous technology.
Theme 2018:“Science and Technology for a sustainable future.”
Technology development program in India message
One of the key objectives of the Department is to promote technology development in various fields. The Department has been supporting Technology development projects which include materials, devices and processes.
The Programme supports activities aimed at developing technologies both in the advanced/emerging areas and in traditional sectors/areas. Under the Programme, feasibility of fresh ideas/ concepts is also assessed for their potential conversion into useful technology/product.
- “A lot of companies have chosen to downsize, and maybe that was the right thing for them. We chose a different path. Our belief was that if we kept putting great products in front of customers, they would continue to open their wallets.”
Steve Jobs, Apple
2) Technology can be a useful servant but a dangerous master
Christian Louis Lange
3) The world is getting more connected through technology and travel. Cuisines are evolving. Some people are scared of globalization, but I think people will always take pride in cultural heritage.
4) New technology is not good or evil in and of itself. It’s all about how people choose to use it.
5) Just because something doesn’t do what you planned it to do doesn’t mean it’s useless.
6) Any sufficiently advanced technology is equivalent to magic. – Arthur C. Clarke
7) Humanity is acquiring all the right technology for all the wrong reasons.
–R. Buckminster Fuller
8) Information technology and business are becoming inextricably interwoven. I don’t think anybody can talk meaningfully about one without the talking about the other.
9) I think that novels that leave out technology misrepresent life as badly as Victorians misrepresented life by leaving out sex.
10) Technology made large populations possible; large populations now make technology indispensable.
–Joseph Wood Krutch
11) The ultimate promise of technology is to make us master of a world that we command by the push of a button.
12) Sharing is good, and with digital technology, sharing is easy.
Technology term History by Wikipedia
The term “technology” rose to prominence in the 20th century in connection with the Second Industrial Revolution. The term’s meanings changed in the early 20th century when American social scientists, beginning with Thorstein Veblen, translated ideas from the German concept of Technik into “technology.” In German and other European languages, a distinction exists between technik and technologie that is absent in English, which usually translates both terms as “technology.” By the 1930s, “technology” referred not only to the study of the industrial arts but to the industrial arts themselves. How we celebrate National Technology day
How To Celebrate National Technology Day
India is developing in a first-rate yet it is lagging in many aspects of the development of Science and Technology. Those Indian people who have a good knowledge of Science and Tech go abroad and work for other countries. This does not help to build the infrastructure of India. We have to create such infrastructure that people got the motivation to work in his own country.
While there is other criteria that some people who do not have a good knowledge of Science and Tech .
There may be various reason behind it like:-
Not having self-interest
Not having self-awareness regarding science or
Not getting a proper education in science.
What we all need to do is this National Technology day 2018, that we make people aware educated and try to provide interest in Science and Technology. Then those people can able to do well in the field of science. One thing we want to make you clear that you don’t need to become rich or extraordinary to invent something and be a scientist it’s a matter of Creative Thinking and doing lots of hard work toward it.
Here are few tips which we have to do in this National Technology day 2018:- 1) Media channels try to promote science and its advantages in different forms like radio, newspaper, television, magazine etc. 2) It’s not the matter of national Technology day we have to continuously work on this field. For that media channels must have to promote science and tech in a regular interval of time. 3) We have to give some time in watching Science related channels can understand the application of science in a real world 4) Don’t try to memorize science try to feel science. Then only you got real inspiration towards it. You can also able to visit science and Tech Museum of our nation like Nehru Planetarium, Nehru Science Centre etc.
National Technology day 2018 them- “Science and Technology for a sustainable future.”
National Technology Day 2017: theme- “Technology for inclusive and sustainable growth”.
TheNational Technology Day 2016 theme:- ‘Technology enablers of Startup India”